Read our press briefing Prostitution: What You Need to Know which includes facts on sex work, the impact of current law and policy and other issues facing sex workers in the UK today.
The ECP regularly provides comment to the media on a range of issues, including:
- UK prostitution laws
- Impact of current law and policy
- Policy proposals that impact sex workers, for example, benefit reforms or anti-social behaviour legislation
- Raids, arrests and prosecutions of sex workers
- Poverty and the impact of austerity on sex work
Telephone: 020 7482 2496
Please note, the best way to contact us during this COVID-19 crisis is to send us an email with a phone number we can contact you on and let us know your deadline. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Press releases and statements
- Statement: Coronavirus and sex workers’ demands
- Press Release: Government research proves sex workers feel unsafe under the current law
- Press Release: Sex workers document Brexit-inspired discrimination that is depriving them of the right to remain in the UK
- Press Release: We are still criminalised, say sex workers.
- Statement: Leeds Council meeting on Holbeck Managed Approach
- Statement: WEP leader insults and dehumanises sex workers
- Bulletins: Raids, Arrests and Prosecutions
Print and online media
Members of our network are frequently interviewed by national newspapers and broadcast media. Examples:
- BBC News: Sex workers ‘should have access to support fund’
- The Guardian: UK sex workers in ‘dire and desperate’ need amid coronavirus lockdown
- OpenDemocracy: The False Feminism of Criminalising Sex Workers’ Clients
- Huffington Post: Victory for Sex Workers Taken to Court for Keeping Each Other Safe
- Independent: Austerity pushing women into sex work and criminalisation endangering them, major report finds
- Sky News: ‘Selling sex for £5 is the only way I can survive after Universal Credit chaos’
- I News: How sex workers who are sexually assaulted are being failed by the justice system
- Red Pepper: Criminalising sex work won’t help victims of trafficking
For more media coverage see here
Television, Radio & Podcasts
Decriminalisation of Prostitution: the Evidence
Sex Workers are Getting Screwed by Brexit
What’s a Nice Girl Like You Doing in a Job Like This? Comparing sex work with other jobs traditionally done by women.